Memphis Dog Bite Attorney
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a dog bite, you know how frightening and painful the experience can be. Dog bite injuries can cause severe physical and emotional harm, forever altering your quality of life.
But you have options.
A qualified dog bite attorney can help you understand your rights and fight for justice in your case. At Pickford Law, we’re committed to helping you seek the compensation you deserve and ensuring you have the resources to move forward.
Call a Memphis dog bite attorney today to find out what’s possible for your claim.
Your Rights After Getting Bit By a Dog in Memphis
If you have been bitten by a dog in Memphis, TN, you have the right to seek compensation for your damages.
In 2007, Tennessee enacted a strict liability statute (Tenn. Code § 44-8-413), under which a dog owner can be held legally responsible for a victim’s injuries if:
- The dog bit or caused the victim to suffer injuries
- The victim was in a public place or lawfully in or on the private property of another
- The owner failed to keep the dog under “reasonable control” or allowed the dog to “run at large.”
But there are always exceptions to the rule.
A dog owner might not be held liable if:
- The dog was a military or police dog and “on duty”
- The dog was protecting someone from being attacked by the victim
- The dog was securely confined in a crate, kennel, or similar enclosure
- The victim was trespassing, or the victim provoked the attack
If you have been bitten by a dog in Memphis, TN, and believe that you have the right to seek compensation, you should contact an experienced personal injury lawyer to discuss your case.
What Compensation Is Available for a Dog Bite in Memphis?
If you’re bitten by a dog in Memphis, you may be able to pursue a personal injury claim for compensation.
Compensation for a dog bite in a personal injury claim may include:
- Medical expenses, such as hospital bills or prescriptions
- Lost wages from missed work
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages, if the dog owner acted with malice or negligence
Additionally, if you’ve lost a family member due to a tragic dog bite, our law firm has the ability to bring a wrongful death claim on your behalf.
Such a claim could provide you with the financial compensation necessary to cover funeral and burial costs, as well as damages for the loss of your loved one’s affection, companionship, and financial support.
What to Do After a Dog Bite in Memphis, TN?
If you were bitten by a dog in Memphis, here are a few steps you should take to protect your health and your right compensation:
- Seek medical attention. If you or someone else has been bitten by a dog, it is important to seek medical attention right away. Even if the bite appears minor, it is still important to have it looked at by a medical professional, as some dog bites can cause serious infections or injuries.
- Identify the dog and owner. If possible, try to identify the dog and its owner. Having the dog’s information, such as its breed and vaccinations, will be useful for medical professionals who are treating the wound.
- Report the bite. Dog bites should always be reported, especially if the bite was serious. Contact your local animal control agency or police department and provide them with the details of the incident.
- Take photographs. If possible, take photographs of the bite and the dog. This will be helpful in the event of legal action.
- Follow up with your doctor. Keep all of your follow-up appointments with your doctor. This will allow them to monitor your progress and make sure that the wound is healing properly.
Contact a dog bite attorney to start your claim for compensation.
Why Hire a Dog Bite Attorney?
If you or a loved one have been the victim of a dog bite, it is essential to hire a dog bite attorney who can help you pursue legal action against the responsible party.
Dog bite cases can be complex and require an experienced attorney who understands the legal process and the strategies for pursuing these cases.
A dog bite attorney can:
- Review the facts of your case
- Help you obtain the maximum compensation for your injuries and losses
- Advise you on the best course of action
- Ensure your rights are protected throughout the process
- Collect evidence (medical records, eyewitness statements, photographs, etc.) and build your case
- Establish liability on the part of the dog owner
- Negotiate with the insurance companies
- Advocate on your behalf
When it comes to getting the compensation you deserve, it’s all about the strategy. Put experience on your side—call Pickford Law now.
Find the Right Dog Bite Lawyer to Protect Your Rights
Are you the victim of a dog bite? Have you been injured and need financial compensation?
You don’t have to go through it alone.
At Pickford Law, we have extensive experience helping victims of dog bites seek justice. Our team of dog-bite lawyers can help you get the compensation you deserve and help you every step of the way.
Don’t wait any longer—call now for a free consultation.Free Case Review